Does Your In-House IT Team Need Technical Expertise?
Technology is continually evolving and getting integrated into our everyday lives. These changes have also elevated the training sector, leading to the rise of technical experts. Every organization needs an exceptional IT team to integrate these updates into its systems to facilitate improved system security, sharing and recovery of data, and enhanced customer services. Integrating this technology into your day to day operations will enable your company to remain relevant and competitive in their respective industries.
Most small businesses rely on a small IT department of fewer than five people because they don’t have the financial capability to hire a full-time professional IT department. Each team member is typically an expert in working with a specific program or application. However, when a team member leaves, the company is left at a disadvantage since the other team members do not have the same expertise to fill the gap. The company is forced to bring on board a new team member, and the hiring process can be very tiring and time-consuming.
The lack of this expertise has been attributed to the following factors:
- Your employees did not undergo comprehensive IT training, resulting in difficulty to perform holistically.
- The hiring process was not based on metrics, your employees falsified their documentation, or the process was not performed correctly.
The Lack of Technical Expertise Could Be Harming Your Business: Lack of expertise leads to inefficiency in business operations. This inefficiency in company operations leads to reduced productivity, loss of revenue, waste of time, diminished service delivery, increased security risks, and prevents you from focusing on the company’s core services. Do you feel like your IT department doesn’t leverage technology to your company’s advantage?
Small and medium companies that lack the resource capability to hire professional IT experts continually find themselves trapped with an IT department that lacks the expertise required to combat the advancing technological world. This puts them at a disadvantage in their respective industries, and they usually find themselves lagging.
What Can You Do To Improve Your IT Team’s Expertise?
As a company looking to improve the level of expertise you have, you may decide to do one of the following things:
- Train Your Employees: As a company executive, you may opt to train your employees on skills that are relevant to your company. However, this can be an expensive and time-consuming affair, and time and finance are luxuries that small businesses don’t have.
- Outsource the Expertise: This is the most convenient way of accessing technical expertise.
Outsourcing IT Services
By outsourcing IT services, you delegate your IT infrastructure to an external firm. With companies trying to keep up with modern technology, the demand for outsourced IT support is rising. According to statista.com, the global managed IT services market is forecasted to be valued at more than 300 billion US dollars in the next few years.
Managed IT services provide two types of IT services:
- Fully Outsourced IT Services: You entirely delegate your IT infrastructure to a third-party organization. They provide your company with all the services you require.
- Partially Outsourced IT Services: The IT company’s team works hand in hand with your in-house IT department. The managed service provider only provides services that are to be determined by you.
Outsourcing IT services enables your organization to either complement or replace your entire internal IT team. This way, you get access to the technical expertise you need without the hassle of hiring a full-time IT department. Depending on your company’s IT needs, you may decide to either replace your internal IT team or complement it.
By combining your in-house IT team with external experts, you create an environment in which your IT team feels appreciated. This collaboration also enables your internal team to learn new skills from outsourced experts. The outsourced team also gets an in-depth understanding of the structures, strategies, and policies of your company. Your IT company should know how they can support you. Inform them of the relevant services you would want to be rendered to your company.
Benefits of Outsourcing IT Expertise
- You Get Access to High Levels of Expertise: Compared to an internal IT department, most IT companies are known to hire a multitude of technical experts and provide them with comprehensive training and certifications for professional growth. The team of experts will also offer your company years of experience using a range of technologies and ensure that you can get assistance whenever you need it.
- You Get Cost-Effective IT Expertise: Compared to hiring, training, and maintaining a full-time IT department and paying salaries, benefits, overtime, and insurance, outsourcing IT expertise is much more cost-effective. When you outsource your IT services, you leave the training, management, and any other aspect that comes with hiring employees to your IT support provider.
- Your IT Costs Are Predictable: Most IT service providers charge companies a fixed monthly fee for services rendered. This fixed monthly rate offers high predictability in terms of IT expenses and lowers overall IT costs. As a result, hidden bills and additional charges on your monthly invoice are minimized, making budgeting for your IT departments much more comfortable.
- You Get Access to the Latest IT Infrastructure and Services: An IT company gives you access to modern technology, without necessarily purchasing the programs, allowing you to remain relevant and competitive. Outsourcing also enables you to get access to technology-driven services such as cloud-based computing.
- You Can Easily Scale Your Company: With an IT company, you can quickly increase your workforce if you plan to expand your business. You can also reduce your workforce if you’re scaling down business operations. Consulting an IT company offers your company the flexibility of switching from previous services to the new ones that will meet your current IT needs.
It is essential for companies whose in-house team cannot meet their IT needs to consider outsourcing expertise. At EasyIT, we offer years of experience in providing high levels of expertise to businesses in Columbus, Ohio. We also offer reliable and cost-effective computer services, network support, and 24/7/365 network monitoring to help your business remain competitive.
Ready to Outsource to a Reliable Team With Technical Expertise?
Talk to us today and get customized solutions that fit the needs of your business.